View blog reactions Waiting for Speedway Fowler: Joe Manning

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

 

Joe Manning




I was delighted to get an email from author Joe Manning.

Mr. Manning stumbled upon my blog post regarding his fantastic book, "Disappearing Into North Adams".

I had mentioned that I thought the book expertly told the story of the unusual history that made North Adams what it is today, and the interesting people that live there.

It's a great read with some top-notch photos and I highly recommend it.


Joe was happy to discover yet another fan of his work, and wanted to pass along a few items:

- You can check out Joe's work at the website www.sevensteeples.com, with plenty of information about his writings.

- And he has a new website, www.morningsonmaplestreet.com, with more on his life and career in western Massachusetts. It's a great site. Check it out.

- Joe also corrected two things I originally said: He does NOT live in North Adams. He lives in the town of Florence, near Northampton. (I believe John Beahn's mother-in-law is also from Florence.)

- Also, Manning has never worked for The Transcript, though he has had occasional pieces printed in that paper.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?