View blog reactions Waiting for Speedway Fowler: The World's Greatest Onion Rings

Friday, May 04, 2007

 

The World's Greatest Onion Rings

I am always on the lookout for great onion rings. Up to this point, I hadn't found rings that matched those that were served at the now-defunct Abdow's in Worcester.


But now I have.



The onion rings at Beshoff's in Dublin are the best I have ever had. They are large and well-breaded and perfectly seasoned and not as oily as one might expect. The fish and chips are pretty good, too... but I've had better. There is a place in Cranston, Rhode Island that sells phenomenal fish and chips. But, talking strictly about onion rings, Beshoff's is the place.




Still, I find it hard to believe that the best onion rings in the world come from a shop that serves them more or less as an after-thought.

So, while Beshoff's is currently the king, I will continue to search for better, and invite suggestions.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?