View blog reactions Waiting for Speedway Fowler: Al Bums Closes

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

 

Al Bums Closes

It's the end of an era.


I was one of Al Bum's very first customers back when Dennis ran the place and it was located in an old garage behind Colonial Bakery. In fact, I might have been THE first customer. Gee, that was like 30 years ago. I think I may have bought the "Live at Circe's" compilation album... or maybe it was a used copy of the rare crushed velvet edition of the Bee Gee's "Odessa", or it might have been an awful album by a lame rock group called "Nantucket". I can't remember, exactly... but Al Bum's had them all.



Over the years, I followed old Al to his various locations around Worcester. In the end, he just couldn't compete with downloads. Al Bum's will be missed.

Comments:
It's too bad that Al Bum's closed. There have been too many cool Worcester places that have gone this way.
foo. :-(
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?