View blog reactions Waiting for Speedway Fowler: Paulie's New Orleans Blues & Jazz Festival

Saturday, September 27, 2008

 

Paulie's New Orleans Blues & Jazz Festival












This was AWESOME, but not for the reasons you might think. It was awesome because it reminded me of an old beer commercial from the early 70's where a bunch of guys cruise the city in a cab, looking for a nightclub that's "the" place to be and it turns out to be in a neighborhood you'd never expect around a corner where there are no indications that something awesome might be lurking. As far as I know, the party was only promoted on blog pages and by word of mouth, and while the rain limited the turnout a bit it also eliminated any potential trouble. So as a result, the event felt like a bunch of cool people getting together for an afternoon. It had the perfect vibe. I even brought my dog. I came back later in the evening and things were still humming along nicely. Paulie says there will be a second festival next year. I can only hope it will be as laid-back and cool as this one was.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?