View blog reactions Waiting for Speedway Fowler: The Sad Death of AM940 CINW

Sunday, October 05, 2008

 

The Sad Death of AM940 CINW



Well, I'm a little late in finding out about this one.

940AM was the station I listened to during wintertime on my ride back from Rindge. It was an all-news radio station out of Montreal and pumped out 50,000 watts. At night you could hear its signal throughout New England. I enjoyed their unique take on current events and professional presentation.

Then I read this:

"Global shut down it’s bureaus in Sherbrooke and Quebec City, canceled its morning show, fired 65-people, hired interns as reporters, and ran feature stories from NBC and CNN at 6:15 pm during its LOCAL news show."

When that didn't work, they bagged the whole news operation and went Top 40.

Bummer.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?